Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ulduar: WTF?

Our guild's first official journey into Ulduar was definitely interesting. I'm not a fan of vehicle quests/dungeons/raids, at all. So Flame Leviathan was not fun for me at all. He's the first boss and we didn't defeat him at all tonight. The next scheduled guild run is this Saturday and I'm working, whether they'll try to continue with Ulduar or just do Naxx will be up to the people who are able to show up. My restaurant job is interfering with my WoW schedule ;)

So I was a driver for the Salvaged Demolisher and it was pretty cool. It's a DPS position so I was fairly comfortable doing that since all I had to do was move and shoot. But the reason I dislike having to use vehicles for things is that I don't get to use the moves I've practiced and the things I'm good at. What kind of test of skill is this, besides how well you adjust to something new, when you can't do what you've been practicing? As a hunter not being able to use my pet, I'm almost completely at a loss of what to do for damage. What good is honing my skills if I don't get to use them in difficult dungeons/raids?

Reading and guildies who have gotten farther on other runs have said that the other bosses are fought "the normal way" and thankgoodness for that. One of our guildies was having so much fun because she loves seige vehicles, and that's great, my opinion isn't the consensus of the guild, at least someone likes that fight. It's going to be interesting to see how we fare against the other bosses. It took a while for us to clear Naxx in a single lock, mostly because we needed the practice against the bosses.

No comments:

Post a Comment