Thursday, May 7, 2009

Finishing Children's Week

I've been looking forward to Children's Week. Mostly because I'm an achievement whore but also because we went a whole month without a holiday week and I needed the two pets towards my [Shop Smart, Shop Pet...Smart] achievement. Now Children's Week has come and gone. I've got my two pets, more achievements towards my epeen, and I now have the skunk reward with help of the Auction House (from here on out referred to as "the AH").

I like the idea of a temporary companion, I think the Drenai orphan was way cuter than that Human orphan, but that's also because I think that most male characters aren't much to look at anyway. I wonder though about the "WoW Economy" because this holiday was yet another that had me going all over Azeroth and Outlands to show the orphans various sights. Thankfully it was not as bad as honoring elders for the Lunar Festival, but I was still shelling out money for flights due to Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor's apparent ban on flying mounts. Even if I could have used my flying mount, I wouldn't because it's still faster to take the flight points in most cases. I wonder if Blizzard decided too many people were staying in Outlands and now Northrend using their flying mounts, so they came up with sets of achievements to get us to use the flight points as a means of boosting the "WoW Economy." Whatever the reason, it didn't stop me from doing all the achievements except [School of Hard Knocks] and [Veteran Nanny]. Veteran Nanny I'm obviously not going to get my first year of playing and Hard Knocks I didn't feel like doing. As said in my previous post, I'm not a PvP person and while that was probably one of the easier PvP achievements, I did not feel like doing all those BGs for one achievement when I could be making money to get Kady duel-spec'ed.

Noble Garden was interesting, but more on that another time, it's time to log of and get rested ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment