Thursday, May 7, 2009

Kady, The Shadow Priest

Kady (I pronounce it like "Katie" with a long "a") is my alt. One thing I do when I get bored with Ladelyia, or I'm just playing her too much, is I start new characters. More often than not, they get scrapped and I don't do anything with them after level 10 (I do have a pally who's 23 and besides Kady, she's the exception). Our guild has 9 actual people in it, with 50 characters between all of us, and at one point, we only had one healer. I started Kady ages ago, thinking she was going to end up like all my other spur-of-the-moment-"I'm bored" toons. I don't ever delete them right away, just in case I want to come back. That's what happened with Kady. I knew priests were hard to level, so when I got her up high enough for talent points, I went with Shadow straight away. It helped that the other girls in our guild had created new characters also (druids) so we were all the same level for a while, which helped give us all motivation to grind. We even did many quests together.

Kady was the first character that I leveled to 30 and I sent her money from Ladelyia for her mount. Once I got the mount (a black stallion from Menethil Harbor, I'm riding Black Beauty ;) ), it was a lot easier to do multiple quests since I no longer had to run everywhere. Shadow Priests do a TON of damage. I was questing around Southshore when I ran into a Tauren Hunter who was two levels higher than me. He thought I didn't see him from his hiding spot behind the tree, but I have names of enemy players turned on, so even if I can see the character, more often than not I can see the name XD But anyway, while he was hiding I was able to get a drink in and mana up. I knew that if I was going to survive this encounter at all, I needed my mana at full. Sure enough, over he comes. Must have been his first hunter because he sent his pet over first, but he sent his pet over late. He was within range of my spells before his pet got to me. So I hit Pyschic Scream to send his pet away, knowing how squishy hunters are without their pet ;), and let loose all my DOT's (Damage Over Time for you noobs), bubbled and healed whenever possible, popped potions, and somehow managed to kill him just after his pet came back after Pyschic Scream let up.

A hunter, with a ferocity pet (he had a cat), who were both two levels higher than me, and I took them down. He wasn't the only higher-than-me player that I encountered and walked away from. I was finding out just how deadly I was and loving it! I'm still not much of a melee or PvP person, but when I was just starting with my hunter, there was no way I would have been able to take on another player who was two levels higher than me, unless they were super squishy (or afk, lol). Part of the reason I'm good with Kady (besides the fact that I've now been playing for several months and am way less of a noob) is because she can heal herself. There are times when I've taken out mobs of two or three people, I usually run out of mana halfway through the second person but I increase spirit whenever I can to help mana regen, so I use bandages, Lifeblood (thank you herbalism), and potions whenever I can. Psychic Scream is nice in that it uses very little mana, and I can use it to send enemies away then use a bandage while they're running. By th time they get back, I have more mana either for a DOT or a healing spell, or even my precious bubble. As long as I have health, I'm doing damage.

Kady's 45 now, she can levitate and do the purple shadow mist thing, which makes her even more dangerous to mobs and Horde :) I got the glyph of levitate so that I don't need feathers and that was money well spent. I used levitate the other day to run on water away from a mob that was kicking my butt. Of course, they hit me and I fell, but I managed to regen some health and mana in the meantime and that helped a bit. I also like levitate, it's fun and cool and bottom line is WoW is a game, have fun. Don't take it too seriously or you'll wind up a snobby jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment