Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Champion of Darnassus: Ladelyia's History

Ladelyia was a name generated randomly when I was creating my Night Elf Hunter back in September/October of 2008. Everything I tried coming up with on my own was already taken, heck, loooooots of the randomly generated names were taken also. I decided on Ladelyia because, well, it was the first name I came across that wasn't already being used in that server. It sounded feminine but other than that, I had no real attachment to the name like I do with my alt (Kady, a shadow priest, more on her later). The name grew on me, as did being a hunter. I liked being able to tame animals and give them names, it's girly but I don't care. Just starting out in WoW, I liked not being right up close in the fight (melee range, lol). I liked, and still like, being at a distance so I could see what was going on and not take damage directly.

A friend of mine had suggested WoW, knowing my interest in video games. During my 10-day free trial, she suggested that I try playing a hunter after I told her my preferred style of fighting. She was a hunter herself and enjoyed it for several of the same reasons I did. My husband got a 10-day trial shortly after I did, but not before he made fun of me for playing WoW (little did he know...), and came home one day with the Battle Chest (WoW plus Burning Crusade) and we started out sharing an account. That didn't last too long since we both couldn't play at the same time, so one day he came home and started his own seperate account and moved his main over, also a hunter. Several of our real life friends were on the server and had started a guild, Gates of Dawn, so naturally we joined. A couple of our friends had been playing for more than a year, but most had started shortly before we had and were only a few levels above us.

Being somewhat competative, it didn't take me too long to catch up and even pass some of our friends in level. By Christmas time, my husband and I were high enough in level for Northrend and used Visa giftcards to buy Wrath online the day after Christmas. I wish I could say that I beat my husband to level 80 in a fair fight, but I didn't. I beat him to level 80, by several days, but that was because he had started seriously leveling an alt and was more interested in his new Pally (ugh). Still, I beat him to 80 but it was also thanks to our friends who were helping us all along the way. I wouldn't have made it to 80 as quickly as I did (got it early February of this year) if it wasn't for them helping us through dungeons. I did Ramps at 55 and got one level per run that way, lol.

I'm not built for PvP, both me personally and Ladelyia, I'm not just. I'll go on the battlegrounds occaisionally for achievements and mounts, but not much else. I'm ganked so much while I'm out questing by other level 80's and there's not much I feel like doing about it besides moving to another location until later. I got sick of grinding around 60 or 70, those last ten levels seemed to take forever because I was sooo tired of questing, even with QuestHelper. While I was still at 79, I forget what I was doing (not grinding to 80 whatever it was) when someone in the guild asked me why I wasn't questing (I may have been getting rep with Stormwind for the pony mounts) to hit 80. I was that sick of grinding that I was farming rep with SW for some freakin' mounts. I wasn't done with Ladelyia once I hit 80 either, thankfully. With that, I hope you'll enjoy my blog about Ladelyia, her Human sister-by-choice Kady, and other WoW randomness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment