Monday, May 18, 2009

Shadow Priest Update

I got Kady up two levels yesterday, and one the day before that, she's now up to 48 and very much eager to get her cloth-wearing butt over to Outland to start grinding there. I had a bit of trouble motivating myself to get her past 45 because she only had a few quests in Tanaris, which is right around her level, and I thought she needed help with them. Turns out she didn't, lol. She did the quests just fine, picked up a few more and got a level out of it. The plus side to taking a break from Kady turned out to be that she was rested well into the next level (or three, she's still rested now!), which aided in leveling from the additional exp gained from killing mobs. She was killing mobs that were three and four levels higher than her.

Eventually, I flew her up to Aerie Peak, in the Hinterlands, and stated questing up there. That was where we got the other two levels and where I've currently got her grinding. She picked up a couple of quests for the Sunken Temple, which she's been through once before but not with quests, but they're red right now, I might wait until they're a little easier before attempting them, just so she can get the most out of them. She also picked up the hammer that you use to get the mallet of Zul'ferrack (or however you spell it), so I might have her heading back that way again.

It's been so long since I've actually leveled a character to this point that I've actually started reminiscing about leveling my hunter. I think I was right around this level when one of my guildies had just hit 58 and was able to go through the Dark Portal and I was sooo jealous because I wanted to get to Outland as quickly as I could! I remember him changing the guild message to read something about the red sands of the Hellfire Peninsula or star gazing. I have a some-what leveled DK who's gotten to Outland and whose hearth is set to Shattrath, so some of the memories of just starting to grind there are kind of fresh again, but I really want to take Kady into Ramps and see what she can do! I need tons of practice healing, I need to get her into more dungeons, hopefully with guildies so if I fail and we all die, I won't be ridiculed too much ;) The last dungeon that Kady healed was the Stockades, so yeah, it's been a while. The other dungeons she's been in, she went in with my husband's level 80 pally and he did all the work.

I really want to practice so that when she hits 80 she can start healing heroics right away. She'll definitely be practicing on normal Northrend dungeons so that I can get used to healing those particular fights, but I want to be able to run Naxx or Ulduar with our guild and our I-don't-know-what-to-call-it-but-it's-somehow-related-through-a-mutual-guildie guild, Broken Kingdom (or BK for short) in the same week. The mutual guildie has several level 80 characters who are all well geared for those raids and can therefore go with both guilds in a single week, it just depends on who he wants to take where. I would definitely like to be able to do that. Not to mention that as a Shadow Priest who has duel-spec'ed to Holy, I could go between DPS and healing based on what we need for that particular fight. At the time I started actually leveling Kady, our guild needed more healers, we had two. Several of us started leveling healers, but I think I may have been the only one to keep going. My husband's pally is duel-spec'ed to be a healer too, but he started leveling that before he had even heard of duel-spec and I don't remember if it was his plan to eventually be a healer. One of our other guildies is also leveling a tank because she was tired of being low on the damage meter (although with three pallys in the group, everyone's low, lol) and wanted to try something different, so we'll have three main tanks which will be awesome, and eventually our choice of healers. A couple of people are also leveling druids, so we'll have those for an option as well! :)

Off to bed now, more about Kady later!

No comments:

Post a Comment