Monday, July 13, 2009

I came, I saw, I healed.

Kady healed Naxx! We did Spider and Plague in one night with only two wipes (and one shouldn't count because it was to those stupid gargoyles in Plague...) and one was because me and my husband DC'ed in the middle of a boss fight. Not cool Comcast, not cool. But other than that we did really well considering how many alts we had in that group. It was me, Alendia came as his druid to heal, Alindras came as her DK to DPS (just until she gets some better gear, then she'll be tanking), and Drenath came as his warrior (off tank). So almost half the group was alts and only wiping twice (and they really shouldn't count anyway) is freaking awesome. I healed and LOVED it! I was worried at first, having only been DPS in Naxx before, but I was also worried about healing heroics and have been doing pretty well at that too, if I do say so.

I've decided that Kady will probably be my main now and Ladelyia will be my alt, but this isn't to say that I won't play both, I'll just prefer to heal. I'm hoping what this well enable me to do is go on multiple locks of Ulduar and Naxx, since I now have multiple geared 80's. So if our sister guild runs something and need an extra hand, I can bring my hunter and not worried about being locked out when our guild runs something. Kady has picked up some AMAZING gear over the last couple of days. I went ahead and spent emblems of heroism on Handbook of Obscure Remedies and with the help of the AH, a guildie or two with mining and a blacksmith from BK, I was able to have a Titansteel Guardian crafted for me in less than 24-hours. Garaba deemed me Naxx-worthy after getting the mace and off-hand. I got a new belt from trash mobs or one of the bosses, I can't remember. Lotheb dropped the token for the epic shoulders and I had zero competition since our warlock was playing her DK, Garaba has ones from Ulduar, and my hubby had gone to work. They are pretty sweet looking shoulders and Garaba is jealous because they didn't drop for him. I'm almost revered with Wyrmrest, so I'll be able to buy the Sandals of Crimson Fury from them soon to replace the ones I've got.

I ask Garaba how I did healing during Naxx and I think I may have scared him with my awesome healing skills because he made a comment about me stealing his job ;) Wouldn't hurt him to have a little competition anyway, he long ago beat me in the highest epeen competition we were having. He's miles ahead now, so at least this way I can give him a run for his money in dungeons and raids :) What's funny is, I'm pretty much as awesome as I am because of him. He showed me the mouse-over macros he uses, gave me tips for my action bar, introduced me to Grid, and helped me re-work my talent tree (it was really bad, I'm crap when it comes to picking talents for any of my toons). I was ok before all that, I could get through regular dungeons without the party wiping, but usually there were one or two casualties along the way. I got progressively better with each thing he showed me. So I'm definitely the healer I am today because of you Garaba :)

And if I do end up whooping your butt in heals, it's your own fault for making me this awesome XD

No comments:

Post a Comment