Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My only day off this week and it's maintenance day. /sigh

My next day off isn't until Saturday. Not that I was planning on playing all day today (I'm seeing "The Runaways" with my friend later), but I was hoping to get some dailies in and maybe level an alt. But sadly that is not the case. I read an article forever ago about "how to survive maintenance day" and one of the suggestions was "start a blog" lol. So I'll be posting a quick update on what I've been doing in the game lately and then I'll be off to marathon The X-Files (I love Netflix) and recapture some childhood memories ;)


Ladelyia - I've mostly just been doing some daily dungeons with her and leveling her Engineering. I've finally hit 450 and then last Sunday, Super's alt (Squeezetoy) and Lade both managed to craft Jeeves. We had both been getting up the mats together over the weekend, and the worst part about the whole thing was getting the Khorium needed for the Khorium Power Cores--none on the AH. :( Squeeze spent time in Nagrand attempting to mine it while I was at work, and by the time I got home, between what he had and what got put on the AH, we had enough to craft the little butler. :) Lade is also slowly collecting the mats for the chopper. She's got most of the inexpensive ones (and 8 out of 12 Titansteel Bars) and she also bought the exhaust pipe. Slowly but surely she's on her way to that motorcycle! I had toyed with the idea of giving the bike to Kady, since she was my main anyway, but the whole reason for leveling Lade's engineering was for the mounts (in addition to leveling tailoring) so that idea went out the window. I did however break down and buy the Sparkle Pony (Celestial Steed) so at least now all my toons who can ride have a pretty mount. It is BOA and applies to all future toons you make, much like the Onyxian Whelpling and Mr. Chilly and that was a big selling point with me.


Kady - I've been raiding with Kady and last week she got some offspec gear (again, got laughed at for what I considered "offspec" but w/e). Garaba out-rolled me on pants and, granted, we had the same pants on so technically it was the same upgrade for both of us, but he's got better gear than me all around anyway. So I was a little grouchy on that roll. Thankfully, after that run I had enough frosties to buy the tier pants, though I would have preferred to use them to buy the head instead if I had won the pants. Aaaaannnyyyyyyyway... I've looked up upgrades for my remaining 232 gear (only two things!). One upgrade is crafted (Sandals of Consecration) and the other can be bought with frost emblems (Purified Lunar Dust). While I should probably be saving to get the tier helm for the 4-piece bonus, 60 emblems is much easier to get, and I think I'll be using Lade's frost emblems to get me some Primordial Saronite for the crafted shoes. My gearscore overall will benefit more from upgrading the two 232s rather than upgrading the 245 that is my current helm (Helm of Clouded Sight). My new pants do not have spellthread in them yet and my shoulders are missing an enchant (just keep forgetting to go buy it), so those will help as well.


Emila - I tanked some Ulduar bosses with her on Friday! Calinette whispered me and asked if I had any toons that wanted some Ulduar achievements (BK does Ulduar achievement runs apparently) and I told him all my toons were not locked and he could have whichever one he wanted. He wanted a tank and so Emila got to set foot in Ulduar (not for the first time, FL was the weekly raid boss and I managed to get her in a pug for that one) and actually tank her first raid. We did FL, Razorscale, XT, Ignis, and Auriaya. I had a blast tanking. I was the off-tank in some fights and the main tank in others, depending on what achievement we were trying for and what I would have to do. The other tank's gearscore was much higher, so if it involved taking more damage, he did it. Emila's gear is getting pretty good now. She could tank ToC10 with no problem and probably handle the first couple of bosses in ICC (not Festergut though, not yet). Her trinkets are crap because good ones are so hard to find (been saving up her frosties for that), but a lot of her gear is 232. I can't seem to get any of the heroic bosses to drop the gear that I desperately need for upgrade. I'm still carrying around my Hammer of Quiet Mourning and my Titansteel Shield Wall for tanking. I've got better weapons in my DPS set! Speaking of DPS, Emila is also dual-spec'ed now, finally. Not that I'm ANY good at melee DPS, having gone from 1 to 80 as a pure tank (thanks to Squeezetoy as my healer) and really only having tank gear. I've got some pieces of DPS gear, but nothing that really helps me. I'm lucky if I'm above the healer for damage when I DPS...

That's all for now, time for some X-Files! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment