Friday, August 14, 2009

Quick Rant

At first, I thought it was my fault that we were wiping so much in heroic Trial of the Champion, after all, I definitely wasn't getting heals out fast enough to keep the tank alive. Finally, after what was maybe our third wipe trying to pull the three Horde bosses on foot, while everyone was eating/drinking, I took a look at our tank's gear. He was taking damage more quickly than I had seen in just the couple of weeks that ToC's been out, I had to see if the problem was on my end or his. If it was on my end, I had to figure out what was wrong with my heals so I could keep us alive and if it was him, well, that meant there wasn't too much more I could do besides using bigger heals.

Turns out it was his gear. I didn't have a chance to check and see when he hit 80, but it had to have been recently because he only had a couple pieces of purple gear. Most of his gear was blue and he even had some things that had an item level below 200. It was no wonder he was taking so much damage, he was tanking ToC in aluminum foil! H ToC is a high end heroic, even if he didn't have problems tanking other heroics, this was one he should have prepared for a little bit more. There's a reason that the loot you get from H ToC is better than normal heroics, it's slightly more difficult. One of the druids in our group (we had two which I thought was cool, I love druids) realized what was happening and offered to throw up heals until the first of the Horde bosses was down and that was the boost we needed to defeat them. Even with the extra help, I still burned through my entire mana pool keeping him alive. That's a difficult pull for me anyway, it wasn't necessary to add a poorly gear tank to it.

It's easier to pug as a healer than as a dps, but there's no guaranteeing that the group will be any good. Thank goodness for ChatNotes (an addon that lets you make notes about people, it's saved me from a bad pug more than once).

No comments:

Post a Comment