Friday, August 14, 2009

Know Your Talents - Holy Tiers 1 & 2

The Holy Tree Tier 1 contains the following talents: Healing Focus, Improved Renew, and Holy Specialization.

Healing Focus: Reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks while casting any healing spell by 35%/70%.
--I have this maxed out. It's not always the anybody's fault that we take damage, there are AOE's, random charges, etc. If you're casting Greater Heal, it's already a slow cast and if you're using it, that means you need that big heal as soon as possible. If you don't have Healing Focus, that cast could take longer if you're taking damage from an AOE. Your bubble can also help you if you think about casting it before start casting your heal.

Improved Renew: Increases the amount healed by your Renew by 5%/10%/15%
--I also have this maxed out. Renew is my favorite and main heal, ok one of my favorites. But seriously, it does all the work for you. How, as a healer, can you not love a cheap heal-over-time? How can you not want to improve it and make it even better? I thought so.

Holy Specialization: Increases the critical effect chance of your Holy Spells by 1%/2%/3%/4%/5%.
--Also maxed. Crit is super important for Holy Healers, things proc and free heals and everyone benefits from free heals, yay! If you have the opportunity to increase your crit, do it. That's why I have this maxed out :)


Holy Tier 2 has Spell Warding and Divine Fury.

Spell Warding: Reduces all spell damage taken by 2%/4%/6%/8%/10%
--I don't have any points in this. I use my bubble when I start taking damage (or anticipate taking damage) of any kind, not just spell damage. I'm sure there's a place where this is useful, I just haven't found it for me.

Divine Fury: Reduces the casting time of your Smite, Holy Fire, Heal and Greater Heal spells by 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.4/0.5 sec.
--I've got four points in here only to reduce the cast time of Greater Heal. I hardly ever use Greater Heal while we're in battle, usually I use it after someone's died and been rezzed, but you can bet the few times I do use it while in combat I want the cast to be as quick as possible. I didn't go the full 5 points in it because I don't need the talent it leads into (Searing Light, that's two tiers down, I'll talk about that another time), and because I have better places to put that one point.

That's all for now, I've got to shower and run errands before work, there are nice things about working in a restaurant and having evening shifts: sleeping in and being able to do things during normal business hours. But more will be coming, I'm hoping to do at least the whole Holy tree and maybe get to the others depending how long it takes me to get through this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment