Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Error: not enough disk space for installation"

Or something like that. After clearing space, and a ridiculous 8+ hour download for reinstall yesterday, I still do not have "required disk space" to install the update. I found another blog online that mentions the free space you need is equivalent to twice what your WoW folder currently is, because it's completely re-doing the way the client runs. It's all "temporary" data, and that's all well and good for people with umpteen-million gigs of hard drive space, but for us laptop users, 19GB x2 is a crazy stupid amount.

Currently, I am transferring all WoW data to an external hard drive with more than enough space. Found some forum posts that suggest this might be my solution. I won't be running WoW from the hard drive, I'll move everything back once it's done being a jerk about space. It's Thursday and I still haven't gotten to play the new stuff. I'll be getting on Super's computer later because I'm finally not going to be at work late and he'll be out, but I want to play on my own computer, re-ad my mods, etc. I'm so uber frustrated with this patch/update/Blizzard/WoW that I have to jump through all these hoops for TEMPORARY files. My computer is now stripped down to the basics, and by basics, I mean pretty much just WoW. I transferred all my music and pictures to a hard drive, this machine is now good for word processing, internet browsing, and WoW. I have a $1,200 Apple netbook now, and I'm not happy about it.

Will post again later if external hard drive was the solution to this insane problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment